Monday, May 23, 2005

Dueling Poses

Although I got the renders done for pages 4 and 5, I found myself having difficulty with the dueling poses. I had hoped to use some pre-made ones either from Rendersity.com or Daz3D.com, but neither had any that were suitable. So, I had to do them by scratch, which is time consuming. Since the rest of the chapter IS just a big sword fight, this is going to delay me even more. Nevertheless, I hope to get the chapter out only a week behind schedule (June 12th instead of 6th).

On the bright side, I’ve added trees to the background so at least that’s looking better. For the renders I already did, I had to go back and add the trees in Photoshop. This was a little tricky, but not too bad. It made me feel good to be able to do it in the first place, since it made me feel like I was actually able to use the software “well.” It’s even possible I’ve actually learned a few things since I started using the software. :-)

I was also plagued by doubts about the dialogue. I went back to my original unfinished novel to see what I had written for this scene. Although I don’t intend to use all of it, or even most, I can at least pick and choose a bit. Basically, as Rupert and Alexander are fighting, they are also sparing verbally. As their debate goes back and forth, so too does the duel itself. I’m hoping to duplicate this in the comic if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment