Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gear Chapter

I’ve done a lot over the last month since I began focusing exclusively on the role playing game. It’s still pretty slow going though: mostly I’ve only been working on the Gear chapter, but it includes a ton of things like weapons, armor, and other equipment. It could have even more, but I decided not to get bogged down in too much detail (like clothes, etc.). However, doing the gear also exposed some things I forgot in other sections, which I’ve had to go back and add.

The next chapter will be about creatures and encounters. I’ve decided to create some general rules for building creatures (ie: attacks and defenses). I will also include actual mobs of various kinds. Lastly, I want to include encounters and loot tables that GMs can use.

I’ve been keeping a daily game diary in a separate excel sheet. I thought about putting it on the web, but updating it there would be too much of a pain. Also, I tried yesterday to put the entries to date in this blog, but it doesn’t format very well and I just don’t want to mess with it.

I’m a little worried that if I spend too much time on the RPG, that any comics fans that I’ve acquired will lose interest in my site. However, I’ve made the decision that the game is a high priority because it could lead to actual income which the comic has sadly not provided. So, basically, I’ll keep working on the game as long as I can and switch back over to the comic when the game is mostly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment