Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Weapon Changes

I decided to revamp the weapons in the game. Before, I had used just ion and blasters and then made several different variants (i.e.: pulse blaster rifle, beam blaster rifle, pulse blaster carbine, etc.). I felt this lacked the level of variety that most players would want. So, I added laser and disrupter weapons (each single shot) and then made the ion and blaster weapons pulse weapons by default. I also wanted to add weapons that do elemental damage (Cold, Heat, and Electricity). At first I thought about having them separate, but this would require having another ability (Exotic Ranged Weapon Proficiency, for example). I decided to keep it simply and just fold them into the currently existing abilities.

Last night I worked on some images for the game using Poser. Previously, doing that tended to be a crutch when I didn’t feel like working on the rules themselves. I have to be careful not to do that again; I need to focus on writing rules and deal with the images later. However, I will say that the image I created (which took about 2 hours) is pretty good. It shows all the playable races side-by-side so you get a better idea of their respective height differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment