Monday, February 09, 2009

Deck Plans Now on Sale!

Friday, my first Imperium Chronicles supplement, Deck Plans, went on sale! Coincidentally, I got the print version in the mail that day too, so I made that available also. The print one looks pretty good, although I’m not very happy with how much Lulu.com charges for full color. Since the deck plans wouldn’t look very good in black & white, I felt compelled to offer the supplement in color (for the print version that is). However, due to the printing costs, it’s almost prohibitively expensive to buy. On the other hand, the downloaded version is fairly short (24 pages), so I think plenty of people will be able to simply print it out on their own color printers.

Today I’ve been rendering like crazy. I got several new 3D models so I’ve been creating images for the creatures they represent. One of them (see below) is a new minor race called the Lutin. They are also called Hobgoblins due to their green skin and nasty demeanor. Basically, the Lutins are slave traders who smuggle slaves across the border into Magna territory. They also take them to planets within the Imperium that are too poor to buy robots (the de facto slaves of the Empire). They are pretty bad guys, so I’m hoping players will enjoy fighting them. ;-)

The other image below is a Siren. The Siren creature is grotesque, but (like the story from the Odyssey) sings a song that charms men into believing she’s beautiful (even without beer goggles).

Here are two sample images. The first is the Lutin (Hobgoblin) and the other is the Siren:

No comments:

Post a Comment