Thursday, December 02, 2004

In the Beginning . . .

Hi Everyone:

Although I've never blogged before, I decided to start one so I could document my experiences while working on my graphic novel/comic, the Imperium Chronicles. The IC is based on an unfinished novel I began and abandoned several years ago. The novel, Alexander the Prince, revolved around the middle child of a royal family in a sci-fi setting.

Years after stopping work on the novel, I began to develop a game called Imperium Online, which was based loosely on the characters and setting of Alexander the Prince (although greatly expanded). Unfortunately, I recently had to suspend/cancel the game project due to the time and money it was costing me. However, I still did not want to let go of the Imperium Universe. Instead, I decided to use some of the talents I learned during development using a great program called Poser. The software allows me, though various models, objects, and settings, to create nicely rendered pictures which I can turn into stories. Ironically, I created many picture stories/comics as a child -- filling notebooks full of my drawings. I had eventually stopped because I felt my artist abilities were lacking. However, using Poser, I am able to create the images to go with the ideas in my head!

So, I began work on the Imperium Chronicles, which is loosely based on Alexander the Prince and the rest of the narrative created for Imperium Online.


No comments:

Post a Comment