Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Lazy Bones

I’ve been negligent in updating the blog for the last week or so. After starting a new job and playing City of Heroes most nights lately, I haven’t done much with the comic until last night. Currently, I’m two-thirds done with the second scene, and I just need to finish Hector’s conversation with Rubert Tagus III to complete the first chapter. I also made a rough sketch of how I think the website will look. I want to make the navigation through the pages as intuitive and as unobtrusive as possible. I’m calling the site itself “Imperium Online presents the Imperium Chronicles” to tie in with the old IO project. I will also have links to secondary pages such as biographical information, databank of characters/settings, etc., and credits. Besides myself, on the credits page I plan to list the creators of the different poser assets I am using. Legally I think I should, and it just seems like the right thing to do.

So, the last thing for chapter one is the Emperor’s conversation with the Rupert, the young firebrand from the Tagus family. Right before that, during Hector’s conversation with the Magna Ambassador, I introduced the concept of power and what those in power do to maintain their grip at the top. Hector states that he has killed more men as Emperor, than he ever did as a soldier (although not directly). He must use his cunning and manipulation of others to retain his power – one of the main aspects of this story.

After I finish the chapter, and before moving on to the second, I will work on the prologue. That will be short and full of action. It will involve a merchant vessel under pirate attack. I decided to add it, because chapter one had very little action and I felt the reader needed something more to draw him or her into the story. There’s nothing like a pirate attack to get the ball rolling, so to speak. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment