Monday, March 14, 2005

Lefty Lucy (and other sillyness)

Yesterday I managed to complete two pages (14 and 15), after a couple of days of mostly setup work. Much of the setup was trying to create a good model for Alexander. The hard part for me was the hair, for which I’m still not completely satisfied. I also created a woman who would be seen with the Prince. She turned out very well, I think. I’ve decided to include her as his bodyguard and, as a joke, I call her Lefty Lucy. Her character looks Asian which reminded me of Lucy Lu. Then I remembered an old saying “Lefty Lucy, Righty Tighty.” So, that’s how she got her name. I know that’s a bit silly, but I’m entirely too silly to begin with.


With the completion of page 15, the end of the chapter is at least in sight. At this point, I’m still not sure how many more pages there will be, although I have much of the script done and I know what’s going to happen (and how the chapter will end). Right now, it’s just a matter of how many pages it will take to complete. I’m thinking it will be 18 pages total, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it stretched to 20. I feel bad because it’s been so long since my last update to the story. I’m hoping I can get everything done by the end of this coming weekend. I guess I can only ask people to be patient, or at least not lose all interest!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    ...It has started very well, and I do look once in a while to see if there's something new... you could perhaps publish a few pages at a time,as soon as they get done...
    But keep it up either way ! I'll be a reader !

    Cheers,

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert:
    Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it! Btw, if you subscribe to the "newsletter," (newsletter-subscribe@imperiumonline.com), you'll get an email when I update the site.

    Thanks again, theMonk

    ReplyDelete