Monday, April 10, 2006

Which Panel is Next?

I’ve finished pages 1 through 3 over the weekend. I’ve also completed most of the second set that will be featured: Sophia’s hideout in the Palatine Mountains. I’m using the same gothic construction kit I used for the Smitty Gurkin chapter, but I will be using less furniture and rugs, etc. to give it a barer look. Also, I needed to rig up a balcony as well. I had originally planned to use a pre-made section for that, but I wasn’t happy with what was available, so I decided to do one myself.

On page 3 of the chapter, the panel arrangement got a little messy I must admit. There may be some problems for readers who aren’t sure which panel to go to. My wife suggested adding arrows, and I had considered that myself, but I don’t plan to use them. I think people are smart enough to figure it out without having to include unsightly navigational symbols. On the other hand, I should’ve planned better to avoid the problem to begin with.

At this point, I don’t think I have a good enough selection of images for a preview (to add to the website). I will try to have enough within the next page or two. It’s mostly a lot of dialogue again since there won’t be much action until late in the chapter. Since I don’t want to wait that long, I will have to bite the bullet and put something up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment