Sunday, January 25, 2009

She Looks Like My Prom Date . . .

I noticed yesterday that Daz3d.com was having a sale on some of 3d models I’ve been eyeing (here and here), so I snapped them up. Since I’m currently unemployed, I’d been hesitant to spend much money, but the deal was too good to pass up!

I wanted the model s because I can use them for both the Vogar and the Akiak races in my game. Although the previous model s were okay, I felt they needed an upgrade. The new ones give me a lot more variety, and they look pretty badass (much like myself):
Today I did the render below of a new minor race for my game. Based on the Dark Elves/Drow of fantasy fiction, my version is called the Dökk (based on the Old Norse word Dökkálfar, meaning "dark elf"). This is actually one of several minor races I’d like to include in the supplement after the current one I’m working on. It’ll have new creatures, races, and NPCs (essentially an expansion of Chapter 6 of the Basic Rules). Of course, I’m not done with the Deck Plans supplement yet, but it never hurts to plan ahead. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 AM

    There's something about the idea of dark elf-esque beings in sci-fi settings that just 'clicks' for me. I had one in a Spelljammer game another lifetime ago, so maybe that's the reason why. Will you be using them like their fantasy cousins, or will they be more like evil opposites of the Vulcans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still debating how I should use them. Here's a quick blurb I wrote about them:

    "Some view the Dokk as only myth, but seasoned starfarers know that the black ships of the Shadow Fleet are all too real."

    In my next post, I'll talk more about them, including their "vampire-like" teeth. ;-)

    ReplyDelete