Friday, February 11, 2005

Funkmeister Rik

I’ve been slow to get started on chapter 2. After publishing the prologue, I felt like I needed to recharge my creative juices. Also, work this week as been very stressful so by the time I got home each night, I was too drained to work much on the comic.

Last night, however, I managed to finalize Funkmeister Rik, a minor comedic character that Rupert will interact with as he looks for Alexander. I came up with Rik’s name quite a while ago, but decided to include him in the story line. Originally, he was going to be the stereotypical black exploitation version of characters you see in movies of the 1970s, including kung fu skills. Recently, however, I decided to give him a twist by making him a blue alien instead, but with a large afro. He’s basically an alien who wants to be funky, so he takes on that persona, so to speak. Again, he’s meant to be comical, so I don’t have to be too serious with how I use him in the story.

I will begin doing renders for the new chapter this weekend. The first page at least will show Rupert and Lt. Burke flying in his hover car over Regalis, the capital city.

No comments:

Post a Comment