Friday, April 15, 2005

Ch 3 Script, and Site Maintenance

I’ve written the script for Richard’s conversation with Alexander. Since I knew there would be a lot of dialogue, it was important that I had a finalized script to help me guide the renders I’m doing. Due to either time constraints or laziness, I often do the renders without a script and add the dialogue as I go. However, this is really not the best way of doing things and definitely not in these circumstances.

Yesterday I fixed a couple of problems with the site: namely, the new graphic shifted to the left depending on the viewer’s monitor resolution. Over the lunch hour of my day job, I was able to fix the HTML so the graphic was in a regular table instead of a layer. Since I’m largely self-taught, I didn’t know how to fix the layer itself and basically just “hacked” together the solution. I also noticed that the Prologue panels did the same thing. I fixed that last night when I was home and had Dreamweaver to work with. I had to basically redo the entire Prologue, using a page from chapter 1 as a template.

Lastly, I added “Shop!” and “Talk!” graphics to the main page of the site, along with text talking about the Imperium Store and the Forums, respectively. I’m still hopeful I can get some traffic on both of those pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment