Monday, April 11, 2005

Imperium Store and Forums

I’m done with page 5, and the renders for page 6 are complete too. I think I’m about half-way through the chapter now: currently Richard is talking to his sister Katherine. After that, he’ll be talking to Alexander and that’ll be it. My wife and I are going on vacation the second week of May, so I need to get done with the chapter before then if possible.

Over the weekend, I made two large additions to the site: an online store and forums. As for the store, it might be useful to help defer some of the costs of the comic. Since I only get 5% per purchase (as an Amazon.com affiliate), I’m not expecting much money from it, however. We’ll see.

Lastly, I had the idea last night to put a so-called Teaser page after chapter 2 that would say the story will be continued and say the estimated date the next chapter will be published. It will also allow me to suggest people use the Store to help support the comic, and also check out the forums. I’d really like the forum to be a place where people can talk about comics in general, not just my comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment