Monday, July 18, 2005

Chapter 5 Now Online!

Chapter 5 is now online for your entertainment. I’m gratified that I was able to publish it on time, unlike chapter 4 which was a week late. I also updated the Characters page with a description of Isabella Montros (the Empress) and Lady Sophia (Lady in Waiting for Princess Katherine). Last but not least, I’ve also drastically simplified the main logo for the site. As my wife mentioned, the old logo looked a bit “old fashioned” while the new one looks more modern. It actually grew from my work on the cover of the print version of the comic that I’ve been putting together. I’ve always been drawn toward a simplified look for websites, so it came naturally. On the other hand, my total lack of talent when it comes to regular graphic arts and web design kind of forced me to do things this way.

By the way, although it probably won’t interest too many of my readers, I have decided to take my work on the original Imperium online game and convert it into a pen-and-paper role-playing game. Previously, I had worked on the comic each night and then played an online game of some sort. However, I’ve grown tired of playing so I decided to use that time to convert my old design document into a PnP RPG. I only mention this so nobody thinks I’m taking away time I’d otherwise be working on the comic. Anyway, when I’m done with the new game, I’ll sell it through lulu.com, just like the print version of the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment