Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Continuity

I’ve completed most of the post work on page 12 and started the renders on 13, which I believe will be the last page of the chapter. This means I should hit my target date of Wednesday (8/24) for publishing chapter 6.

While I was doing the post work on 12, I noticed I had made a continuity mistake. In the Prologue, Durant Blixx’s ship the Provocateur fires a reddish beam from its plasma cannons, whereas I had used a blue beam and explosions in the current chapter. After cursing myself for being careless, I decided to simply go with the mistake since fixing the problem would be too time consuming. Still, this points out an important aspect of doing such a long story: it’s not always easy to keep straight all the little things that you do during the process. It helps to go back and review the other chapters to see how I did things perhaps several months previously.

By the way, per a suggestion from my wife, I’ve included an obscure Calvin & Hobbes reference in chapter 6, which I’m curious to see if anyone recognizes. The fact that the captain in the chapter is feline (Akiak) is appropriate I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment