Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My Own Thing

I’ve completed pages 5 and 6, and will start 7 tonight. I added the preview pages to the website showing some samples of chapter 6. I also gave the estimated publish date as Wednesday, August 24th, which is a few days later than I was originally thinking, but will give me a little more time.

Last Saturday I went to Wizard World here in Chicago. Unfortunately, we arrived too late to see Frank Miller. I had hoped he could sign my graphic novel (the printed version of course), but that didn’t happen. Instead, my wife and I walked around for a couple of hours. The conference hall was packed with thousands of people (a few in costumes). There were also several artists with their own comics, some with samples. It was interesting to see so much talent, and I wondered how many would actually get to sell their work successfully. None were of the Poser/CGI variety like mine, but that’s okay. I’ve never really considered my stuff as traditional comics, and in fact, I’m really more drawn to so-called graphic novels. I’ve read of some controversy about what is a comic and what’s a graphic novel. Either way, however, I just keep doing my own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment