Monday, September 19, 2005

RPG Breakthrough

I’ve completed most of the renders on page 7 and should complete the rest of it and post work by tonight. I also posted the preview for chapter 7 on the website. Considering what images I included in the preview, I could’ve posted it sooner (after the first few pages were done).

On a different front, I had a breakthrough Sunday concerning the role-playing game. I had been very unhappy with how it was going and felt it was far too complex, enough that it would be an undue burden for anyone actually playing. However, I was sitting on the couch and the various alternatives that had been floating in my mind finally fell into place. As a result, I’ve vastly simplified the mechanics of the rules, thus throwing out much of what I had done previously. This included things like a crafting system, which never made me very happy anyway. On the other hand, having more simplified mechanics is already helping me make progress so I’m quite pleased so far. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment