Friday, January 06, 2006

Imperium Chronicles Podcast?

After completing page 13, I decide that it would make for a better ending of the chapter than the stuff I had considered adding to additional pages. It’s kind of strange to be expecting to do another couple of pages and then suddenly realize “Hey, I can stop now!” One could argue that I was just being lazy, but in fact I really believe that how page 13 ended would be better. The extra stuff I had planned would’ve been a little anticlimactic, plus I can incorporate that into the next chapter anyway.

My wife showed me an article about podcasts this week. I had considered doing one before, but for various reasons I hadn’t done it. I didn’t have the technical knowledge, the hardware, or even confidence that I could record something that didn’t sound stupid. However, after reading the article and doing some additional research, I think the first two things aren’t a big deal. As for the confidence factor, since so many amateurs are doing it too means I can stink and nobody would really care. ;-) What I have in mind at this point is to create a podcast for each chapter containing commentary on how the chapter took shake, my train of thought, etc. Of course, I still have to make the actual podcast, and I may still chicken out, depending on how well the first one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment