Thursday, January 19, 2006

Print Version of Part 2 Avail.

The proof copy of Part 2 arrived yesterday (here). It’s the print version of chapters 5-9. Although the spine of the book was wrong (which I’ve now corrected), the rest looks pretty good. Like Part 1, the inside images are a little dark. This has to do with the difference between images designed for the computer versus images specifically for print. Since I really couldn’t convert the website images without really messing up the color, I decided to simply go with a final print product that’s darker than I would like. Frankly, nobody is probably going to buy it anyway except for family and perhaps friends, so I’m not worried about it. It’s also free online, so there’s really not a lot of reason to get the print version except for those who prefer having something “solid” to hold in their hands.

The new chapter is going slowly and I have no one to blame but myself. I did most of the post work on pages 1-2 last night, but I still haven’t added the dialogue (although that’s already written). I plan to do the renders of page 3 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment