Monday, September 25, 2006

"Awful, but Good"

That's how my wife described page 8. It looks like a pretty simple page, but it actually took me several hours of tinkering before I was done. In Poser, I did two renders of Tokai (one with the goggles and one without). I then took a render of the goggles by themselves, because I needed to turn the lenses around to give the illusion that it had been cut in half. Finally, I did some other renders of what would become the blast mark, but in retrospect, I should’ve just done that part in Photoshop. Speaking of which, I created the flowing blood with a simple wet brush in PS, but I wasn’t satisfied with how the blood looked. Basically, it lacked texture. After reading a tutorial online, I used one of the steps (using the cloud filter) to create a pattern that I then applied to the blood in the shot. Doing that really turned it from something mediocre to something that I could be “proud” of – keeping in mind, of course, that I had created a picture of a bleeding dead guy. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment