Monday, September 18, 2006

Bloody Sunday!

I posted only one page yesterday (number six), but it was by far the bloodiest page so far. As promised, the Magnus Black stories were going to be gory, and I followed through by showing a guy’s head getting blown out by a plasma bolt. Of course, in the Alexander story, such a blast would just have been shown as a nifty little explosion (small and lacking blood), but not so anymore. Although what I showed was no worse (perhaps even less) than what other comics have, I’m still not sure how people might react (if at all). As for the process of creating the effect, I looked at some blood splatter tutorials online and then did a few things of my own (using a gauss filter on one blood layer). I also used the clone feature to elongate the victim’s hair to imitate the blast. Anyway, this is my first real attempt at this so hopefully I will improve with practice.

As for the fact that I only got one page done last week is due to my work schedule again. I really only had one or two evenings to get stuff done at home. The rest of the time I was either working too late or I was too tired (or both). Not sure how this week will go but we’ll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment