Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Is Smitty a Red Neck?

I was out of town for the last five days, so I haven’t made any additional progress on the chapter. However, tonight I should start on page 6. Last night I was looking at some of the dialogue I’ve written so far, especially for Smitty. I’ve basically given him a hick or red neck accent to better portray his “earthy” nature. Since I’m currently reading Allan Moore’s From Hell, I may also have a little cockney mixed in (although not on purpose).

Starting on either page 6 or 7, the group will be attacked by a jungle monster called a Grunka. Back when I was still working to create an online game version of Imperium, the Grunka was featured on the website. It looks a little like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, but much larger and with several more limbs. It also doesn’t have any intelligence, other than the desire to eat people.

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve written many notes for the RPG, specifically the starship section (i.e. ship systems, ship types, etc.). However, I haven’t actually entered them yet so for now they remain only notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment