Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Those foul mouthed Gordians

Pages 1 and 2 are done, and I think I should have enough material to put up a preview for chapter 8. So far at least, I’m pleased with how things are looking. The set is very lush, and I’ve tried to include a little more shading (per suggestions by Thip). My wife is proofreading my work again, so maybe I won’t have too many typos either.

The Smitty Gurkin character is a much more “earthy” than the other more aristocratic characters. Gordians are crude by nature, which allows me to include some harsher language and scatological humor, etc. Having said that, however, there isn’t really what you’d call “swearing” in the chapter. I decided early on that I wanted the story to be PG-13, so I’ve purposely avoided using the F word, among others. Future stories might be different, but I wanted to stick with keeping Alexander the Prince more children friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment