Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lucid Moment

Just a quick update (mainly because I keep forgetting what I was going to say): pages 3 and 4 are done, and I should start on 5 tonight.

Today I had one of those lucid moments that come so rarely for me, concerning the RPG. Basically, the cost of a print version of the rules in color would be x3 as much as black and white. Since these rules are new, I wanted to keep the price low to encourage people to buy it, so color would make the cost too high. Although I could do it all in b&w, including the graphics, it really doesn’t look as good as color (not surprisingly). However, today it occurred to me that I could have two versions: a downloadable one in color (which avoids the expensive printing costs), and a second one in b&w specifically for printing. This way, both versions will be around $3-6, and a color one is available if so desired (although only for download). Of course, I’m probably the only person actually excited by this, but it’s good to know I still have some brain cells left. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment