Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Nav Bar

I’m getting excited about how the website is coming along. Last night I spent much of the time configuring the navbar. It uses javascript and drops down with menu options. I got it free from a developer website, but I had to tweak it quite a bit to fit with the rest of my site. I also have to decide exactly what I intend to include, even if some of that isn’t finalized yet.

Using the nav bar and the main banner, I made a quick and dirty mockup of a typical page. I even showed it to the wife. She seemed pleased. :-)

What I didn’t consider was the very first page the visitor to the site will see (the so-called index page). It needs to introduce what the site is about and what the stories featured there are about, more or less. I may include a composite from the comic, showing some of the characters. However, since I only have chapter one done, I’m not sure such a composite would be representative of the story as a whole. I may also have updates etc on the first page, but I don’t want to duplicate what I’m doing here in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment