Thursday, January 20, 2005

Prologue Beginnings

I started work on the Prologue last night. Now that I have DSL working, I was also able to download some Poser stuff for the new section. Since the prologue largely takes place in space – combat between pirates and a cargo freighter – I need to download several ships. With the new broadband connection, however, downloading assets is a snap!

The Prologue will open with a large space scene with the freighter, Steppenwolf, in the foreground. At the bottom of the shot, I will overlay a panel with the interior (the bridge) of the ship and the two crewmembers. I haven’t blocked out (planned) the rest of the shots, but I did write the script so I should have a good idea what I want to show. As I mentioned before, however, I want to have quite a lot of action if possible. Since doing a space battle is new to me, there will be a learning curve (ie: creating laser beams etc). Some of it will be done in Poser, while the rest will be postwork in PhotoShop. Although I anticipate getting frustrated at times, I’m looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment