Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Visitors A-plenty!

The site is getting really high visitor traffic, at least compared to when it was a game dev site. It’s on the order of 10x the number of hits per day, so I’m very happy with that. While I was checking the stats, I noticed that a lot of hits were originating from an Austrian site, comics.orf.at. Digging a little deeper, I found the actual page where IC was being referenced. It’s in German, but basically they state that my site shows promise, even with only one chapter published. Reading this really made me feel good, and I plan to send them a thank you. It’s very nice to get positive feedback.

On the other hand, I went to a comics portal where my site is listed and where readers can vote for their favorite ones. My site only got one vote and it was negative! D’oh! So, I gave my site a positive vote, so now at least its 50/50 positive vs. negative. ;-)

Speaking of comments, I was talking to my friend Robert who used to be involved in the game project. He noticed that my characters don’t seem to have shadows. This is largely due to my lack of full understanding of Poser. Since I am self-taught, there are several things that I don’t know how to do. Although nobody has mentioned it, you will also notice that my characters don’t have eyelashes either. (Sigh.) Perhaps I’ll learn how to do that some day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment